Friday, April 18, 2008

Part 5: If HATE is a strong word then AGAIN...

Hi once again...

Thanks for being true to me...

Info: Parts 1 to 4 was from another blog that I used to uhh... blog... so when my friend got me interested in this here place, so I said what the heck... why not? So I copied what I typed and pasted it here... quick work... so here comes the live one to continue what was left behind...

The post before showed how strong the word HATE can be... but something else was stronger than HATE itself... in fact it was powerful... and it didn't have to be said out loud... hmmm... look at the time... 7:00 am... gotta go now... sorry guyz... but here the server shuts down around this time so I don't wanna be disappointed by the shut down... be back later... cheers...

Okay...where were we...
Oh yeah...

It was a weekend...after Friday Prayers...it was in the evening...back then my home at a spot on a hill had the most wonderful view of the mountains, the forest, the sea, the other islands in this paradise can be seen at once...man I miss that place...the wind was nice...I love the wind... so there I was minding my own business tryin to write up a poem as usual... on a hill at the top of the stair case...where the community hall stood...in the centre of the housing establishment...(man what a mouthful)

A little girl with her mom was going to the shop somewhere down hill...I can just see them nice from this spot...they went in a while and thought that it was uneventful. But a minute after that the girl was running out of the shop crying...and I thought...what the heck happened??? So the scene got me interested and I decided to observe from a far...not long after that the mother came after her...a bit concern and stern about her daughter...but the girl kept on running screaming at the top of her lungs... "I hate you mom! I hate you! You don't love me... I hate you!! (Adik benci mak...Adik benci...Mak tak pernah sayang kat Adik...) I was guessing what happened in the shop to have her daughter to say such harsh words like that... But every thing that happened have to have its reasons and I kept on watching...

The girl, with tears in her eyes, could see where she was running and ended up running in the middle of the road... Since it was a hilly housing some blocks up hill and some down hill...houses on top have to take care of their cars' breaks in order not to speed off down hill... and cars at the foot have to rev it up to get past the gravitational pull... and to make that day more interesting a car was coincidentally speeding uphill... I saw it... the kid still running away from her mom... the mom trying to console her girl (though half heartedly) and the car speeding up hill and gaining speed...

What am I to do??? Its no picnic to watch the birds now...NO! All I can think of is what Miles had said to me... one must do things straight from the heart...not the head... in this case...nnot all four heads...(hehehe)...so it is better to listen with you heart not your heads...as the action done or the word said is ultimately pure...

And suddenly my heart told me to take action if not something not worth remembering could occur... I thought of waving frantically to the driver but he might misunderstood it as a hoax. If I were to run down the stairs then it might be to late because I've got 20-30 steps to cover before I reach the kid... So the situation needs something fast...something that will alert someone down there to either stop the car or pull the child away...then it came to me the closest to the kid is her mom...but how do I get to her in time before it's too late? That's it! Tell her... with the utmost of urgency I filled my lungs full with air and within my heart saying god please don't let anything bad happen today... and I let out a furious blast of fantastic vocal: "MA'AM! THERE'S A CAR SPEEDING UP THE HILL...YOUR DAUGHTER'S IN DANGER!!!"

That was it... man you should have seen the response in her mom... she didn't reacted she acted and picked up speed just in time to catch up to her child grab her and fall to the side safely as the car rushed past and the car stopped with a resounding screech and the driver came out apologizing saying he did see as the girl was at a bend in the road and that bend had some huge plants growing there... courtesy of my mom...sad to say...

So everything went well after that...they said sorry and thanks...even to me...and although the girl was crying still but she was not crying because of HATE but LOVE...and I learned something that day...

HATE maybe a strong WORD to say then again LOVE is a powerful ACTION to execute...

I told Miles about that incident at school after the weekend and he congratulated me for my brave heart...

Cheers to you Miles...

3 comments:

amer zaman said...

jalan masih jauh lagi.

the road is still far away.

mapieceofart said...

life's like that...
when we hate people too much, we can't even see the love that blooms and grows inside...

there is a saying... It goes..
"If you love somebody, leave some space of hatred coz we never know who that person might turn into in the days ahead.... and if you hate somebody so badly, leave some space for love too coz we never know if someday we might love that person out of any reason..."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.