Friday, April 18, 2008

And the story goes...

The PLU Continues...(part 2)

Hello again...

A week or more ago I started to tell a story about...well...you can see for yourself (the blog before this)...And here I am again to try to finish what I have begun...I still haven't got any comments and I don't know if any of my readers (If I have any) are liking what I write...Since I didn't get any comments...I guess I am doing ok...

So let me continue where we got off...I was sent by Al, my discipline teacher, to counsel a Form 1 student named Miles for being a Homo... So there I was during school recess looking for him...He wasn't at the canteen having lunch...searched places where students normally go for breaks...The Toilet...The Library...The Classrooms...none...he wasn't anywhere...Where the hell can this gay boy be???He must be up to something now...maybe having fun with another school boy...I'll make sure he gets expelled!

Yeah...evil weren't I in the past? Really quick to judge someone without even any proper evidence or proof... But at last...I knew which class he is in...It was a class for the overly smart students..."1 Perdana"...Class was empty except for a group of three school girls gossipping away... I stepped into the class and went to them and asked if they know where Miles went for his recess... Before one of them answered they all gave each other a look which even until now I don't understand... Maybe these girls know who Miles really is and what I'm about to encounter or maybe they are just idiotic girls hunger for more gossips to juice up their boring book worm lfe... I don't care... I'm just interested in finding Miles...

So...the most mouthy of the group I guess to be their "leader" spoke... "You mean Miles the Strange???He is very hard to find during this time... Nobody knows where he went. Always alone has no friends actually...Infact...he likes to be by himself...He has lots of secrets...yes indeed! He even..." She shut up when I gave her a very serious look... "Ummm...he must be at the back entrance of the school at the shade near the gate..."

I left immediately...maybe I can't stand with these females' annoyance or maybe can't wait to catch Miles red handed again...I don't know... I just left...Leaving the classroom with the three girls behind giggling loudly about something which I don't have the time to care...

As I reached there I was dissappointed that he was really alone...(so nasty of me right?) He has his back to me because he was looking out to the football field (not waiting for me to you know what! Don't get your imaginations all ridiculous!) I walked up to him... "What do you want from me?" He said without looking back... "I can't do anything for someone who hates me..." He knows that I'm coming? And he continues some more "...so why don't you just go back to your class and your world... it's no use...you can't help me..."

I was quiet for a moment...Didn't know what to say at that time...But got out of the trance and said that I have a duty to do and it must be done...

"Yes, duty...what are we without them anyway? If it wasn't for duty...you wouldn't have to do this right? Because you hate doing this...you hate helping my kind...you rather help out your own kind...right?" It sounds alarming but true at the time...

"No...duty or no... I'm willing to help anyone I can... I'm sorry about the remark I made early this morning... I wasn't thinking straight at the time..."

"Since when were you thinking straight? You think that thinking straight is the best way of life? You think that being normal is easier than being different? What's normal anyway? Can you tell me that? If normal is growing up. Get married. Have children. And after a few years you cheat on you wife and break you children's heart. Get divorce. Make everyone very unhappy. And making everyone confuse to why a normal guy would do this. Then...I think you better think again...that thinking straight or being straight is also not normal... Nothing's normal...No one is..."

Shocked? For me...Yes...at that time...I didn't realized that what he said had some truth in it...Sorry for him for one thing...Because those words...those words are his thoughts voicing out...crying out...for help...for pity...I don't know what...But his face was like stone...featureless... I know that I must help him out some how... I must try to understand his feelings, his thoughts. What has happened to him? This boy...only 13 but thinks like he is 30... I never met anyone like this before... This interests me... Intrigued me... What is this feeling? Why are my feelings overcome? Has his words had any effects on me? Why? I want to know? And finally I ade up my mind...

I got back into posture back into control...Walked up to him...looked at his face...it was still emotionless...I don't know how long I looked at him...feelings all confused right now...But I managed to do something... But what I did was done unconsciously... it was by instinct...I took out my right hand and offered my friendship to him...and promised to him to do what ever I can to understand him and help him out along the way...

He did nothing as I said that...no movement what so ever...I thought he rejected me...but what do I care? If he rejected me I don't have to counsel him anymore... But somewhere inside me feels a longing to have him as a friend not an enemy...

"You made a promise? You know what that means right? Even for a students' counselor you know what consequences it brings. Then this must mean you are serious in your work...Duty or no... This interesting... very interesting... No normal person would do something for an abnormal person unless he has something in return... But alas... we are never normal...are we?" I didn't give him any response to his statement... I was waiting for him to accept my request...

Where finally he did...he took my hand and gave a shake...and at last in his face a small smile emerged... I felt happy for that... I know he is gay and I still have doubts about these people but for him somehow it feels different... I don't know why... I just felt happy when he is happy...

So by that time the bell rang. a signal saying recess is over and me and Miles went back to class not saying anything along the way... only gave a quick hand shake upon departing...

I made a friend that day...a gay friend...why I would do that?I don't know... But every time I remember what he said before... It was just like me talking... the way he thinks... He was just like me... But how can this be? I still hate him for what he is...does that mean that I hate my self? I know that I'm different... But I can't be so different to be so like him... Am I gay? No! It can't be! It will never be! I'm only here to help him... nothing more...

Well guys... how was it? At the last scene I was really starting to get confused over myself... And to think that someone confused is trying to help out some one who is very sure of himself... typical and ironic isn't it?

You know I really need a comment about my story...not praises...COMMENTS... Need to know that this story makes you wanna read more than to make you sleep...K?

Thanks for your cooperation...

Till next blog then... wait for Part 3!

1 comment:

mapieceofart said...

yes... this is getting interesting... i wanna read more and more... and i dun mind all your long entries coz i just LOVE reading...

no praises right..? hehe... so, putting aside those grammatical mistakes... (huhu...no hard feelings!) your english is way better than mine... haha... envy you for that...